Search This Blog

Monday 5 May 2014

Smokers

I literally have no idea why people smoke. The number of times I've been having an enjoyable time at a party or at a friends house and my opinion of someone is ruined as they reach over and ask their mate 'hey do you have a lighter'. It doesnt make sense to me why some people feel the need to inhale thousands of dangerous chemicals for 'a buzz'. People say "i'm addicted" in their teens and it just makes me angry that this dangerous activity is seen as a cool thing to do in the youth of today. Society doesn't seem to understand the immense impact theyre creating for themselves and for others by smoking. Its a giant financial burden medically to deal with the impacts of smoking on the lungs, and the cost of cigarettes themselves is ridiculous. Call it quits if you do smoke, because I, along with many others are fed up with inhaling your passive smoke as a walk happily down the streets of my town.
If you or someone you know has a smoking problem, do the right thing and use the quitline. Programs like this are in place for a reason, to help society progress forward together.

No comments:

Post a Comment